The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 01:47:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban the Internet for copyright infringers. Great move.  (Read 1635 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100112/2324347721.shtml

Makes me growl.  Grrrr, God damn it.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »

How can you ban internet from someone? How's that even possible? ISP can't sell access to certain flagged individuals? Well what about phone operators? They can't sell anything with 3G possibility to these people? Do internet cafes have to check every customer they sell to? And then there's a neighbour that has free-for-all wifi...

It's a good thing that they can talking about how ridiculous it is but I'm just wondering how they much of an idiot you have to be in the first place when you try to punish people with ways that you can't supervise?

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:27:01 AM »

How can you ban internet from someone? How's that even possible? ISP can't sell access to certain flagged individuals? Well what about phone operators? They can't sell anything with 3G possibility to these people? Do internet cafes have to check every customer they sell to? And then there's a neighbour that has free-for-all wifi...

It's a good thing that they can talking about how ridiculous it is but I'm just wondering how they much of an idiot you have to be in the first place when you try to punish people with ways that you can't supervise?

>How can you ban internet from someone? How's that even possible?

Just as "easily" as you can ban a pedophile from hanging out near a K-12 school.  It's about enforcing by punishment if the sex offender is caught doing this again, not about effectively stopping him from doing it.  Same with Internet use - surf the net and get caught, go to jail.

nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 03:13:24 AM »

cool  ROFLMAO
So basically it means pirating MP3s and posting them online is a greater crime then kiddie fiddling.
But then again the victoms of kiddie fiddling do not have millions of $$$$ to lobby washington to pass laws to protect them.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 08:50:51 AM »

cool  ROFLMAO
So basically it means pirating MP3s and posting them online is a greater crime then kiddie fiddling.
But then again the victoms of kiddie fiddling do not have millions of $$$$ to lobby washington to pass laws to protect them.

Yes.  Record companies are far more valuable than kiddies, fiddled or not.  The only redeeming quality of a kiddie is that they might actually purchase an MP3  ROFLMAO

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript