The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 06:31:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AWESOME Helicopter Hack  (Read 1866 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »

This guy took an electric helicopter and put a high def Sony camera under it as the payload. EXCELLENT video quality, makes me want to do the same.

Except that when he says, "Crashing is not an option" which sort of redefines how much you'd want to spend on such an endeavor...

Quick video, worth the watch:

http://www.cultofmac.com/ogle-amazing-aerial-shots-from-rc-helicopter-video/48149

The example of his work (the backyard video) shows just how powerful a camera, unemcumbered by the limits of gravity or position, can be. Of course we know this from movies we see everyday, but this is like a couple thousand worth of gear, not 10s or more.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:07:47 PM by perkiset » Logged

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »

i like the comment "you could use this for weddings" lol
just what every bride wants, a really loud ass humming noise of death swooping around over the heads of guests.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »

a really loud ass humming noise of death swooping around over the heads of guests.
... hmmm, well I guess turnabout is fair play, since many a groom-to-be consider marriage vows to be the same  ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 01:45:52 PM »

a really loud ass humming noise of death swooping around over the heads of guests.
... hmmm, well I guess turnabout is fair play, since many a groom-to-be consider marriage vows to be the same  ROFLMAO

hahahahahahahahaha

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »

touche

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:26:54 PM »

Sweet!  And I know you guys were kidding but this thing is almost silent, so weddings are back on the table Smiley

While watching the video I had an urge to show up with an equally mean looking RC jet with some aerially launched IEDs.  When I was a kid I had this idea...   Wouldn't it be cool to load a high-powered RC plane up with 4 modified Estes Mosquito rockets, shortening the fin lengths and packing the nosecone with explosives?  With standard servos and an onboard battery with just enough juice to ignite them, you could attempt to fly the plane towards a target and literally attack it!

One possibility would be to have nose impact ignite the explosive missile and another would be to use the standard Estes chute opening charge that ignites towards the tip of the rocket.  That way if you didn't wind up hitting anything the rocket would explode in air anyway.  Damn I love fire.

Devilish

I realize the chances of taking out this insanely nimble, modern marvel of an RC helicopter are slim at best.  But just watching the guy poop himself as his multi-thousand dollar airborne investment came under fire would be worth the attempt  Grin

* 000801_MOSQUITO.pdf (1638.91 KB - downloaded 181 times.)

* Mosquito.jpg (25.39 KB, 408x371 - viewed 156 times.)

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »

Yes, that would be cool!!!   You and me both love fire ... just ask these fireworks scars... oh, your not supposed to dump out all the gunpowder?   

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 11:09:23 PM »

I had two major firework accidents one week apart back when I was a brave and wise teen.  Completely cooked my left hand with a large white pile of Piccolo Pete dust then equally toasted my right hand with a large pile of black gunpowder a week later. 

I probably should have stopped smoking around explosives after the first lesson  D'oh!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript