The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 15, 2019, 06:48:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AT&T Begs for a market smackdown  (Read 1154 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »

Am I off in thinking that AT&T just managed to push a whole bunch of potential subscribers away? I mean, now whether you're iPhone or Crackberry or whatever... you get the plan? Perhaps they should just buck up and expand their network so that they no longer have these issues. Or maybe their just trying to lock customers in before Apple releases the media tablet with an option to get the Verizon data plan...

Required data plan to extend to all AT&T smartphones

Starting Sept. 6, all customers who buy a smartphone from AT&T will be required to have an accompanying data plan -- a demand that U.S. Apple iPhone users have always had.

While the requirement will stand for new customers, those who already own a smartphone without a data plan will not be required to make the upgrade. However, the new rule will apply to those who wish to extend or make changes to their contract.

"Smartphone users tend to consume a higher amount of data services, like advanced e-mail, mobile Web, applications and more," an AT&T press release stated. "Being able to take full advantage of these features without having to worry about a fluctuating or unusually high bill generally leads to greater customer satisfaction, so effective Sept. 6, smartphone customers will need to subscribe to a data plan, as the vast majority of customers already do."

All U.S. iPhone subscribers must have a $30 data plan. The one-sized-fits-all subscription is a mandatory part of customers' two-year contract opened with AT&T when an iPhone is purchased.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:48:47 PM »

Starting Sept. 6, all customers who buy a smartphone from AT&T will be required to have an accompanying data plan -- a demand that U.S. Apple iPhone users have always had.

They'll do it until people leave or the FCC spanks em.  I hope both happens  Devilish

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript