The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 01:45:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: all that socialization comes back  (Read 1427 times)
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »

to bite you in the ass.

Behold! The smartphone date "sleaze detector" app.

http://www.intelius.com/mobile?trackit=188
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 11:54:12 AM »

I thought the phallic Sleeze Detector meter was a hoot.

"Can you just imagine how that goofy ass tattoo is going to look on your ass when you're 80?"
"Can you just imagine what some hottie is going to NOT do when she finds out what you're like on FB?"

Ah, how the decisions of youth come back to haunt some.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »

I keep preaching to family members that they HAVE to be aware of social profile harvesters now. Those who keep their online personae squeeky-clean are going to be top of the pecking order for the best jobs this decade ...think of it as secondary resume'-building. Though I think it's largely over-hyped for the average consumer right now, I believe the situation is going to get far worse as technology expands to be able to digest this data in wholesale quantities. Even now, it's pretty easy to connect the dots:

Dot 1:
"Companies that provide so-called alternative credit information say their business is booming, even as the rest of the lending industry continues to shrink"
Lenders Look Beyond Credit Scores to Gauge Who's a Risk
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1870450,00.html

Dot 2:
"Companies such as Rapleaf hunt and gather social networking transmissions, turning the conversations you have in your network into consumer profiles. These profiles provide banks with insight into your behavior patterns - what you like and dislike, want and don't want, do well and do poorly."
Can your comments affect your credit? Yup.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/esandberg/detail?blogid=132&entry_id=55190
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 12:35:39 PM »

I think the correct posture here is to quiet your friends and let your enemies run wild.

May the best geek win!

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript