The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 10:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your tax dollar at work.  (Read 1704 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:43:39 AM »

Apple, sued again.

Here's an interesting court case. A man in Florida claims that he "invented" the iPod, classic, nano, mini, shuffle, video, touch and photo, as well as iTunes and iPhone. Twenty years ago. Before the Web existed, although in fairness, the word "internet" was then in wide use among academics and military. He also claims license to the names. He says he made a deal with Sarah Jessica Parker to market the whole thing directly to Steve Jobs and had the FBI watching over his security. In 1989. This man would seem to be profoundly prescient, given that the iMac was not even on the map until 1998.

Now as has been discussed before, I am one to hold true to the notion of intellectual property. But I'm beginning to also believe in divine intervention - I think this suit was created just so that I'd have to defend myself in the most stupidly over the top case ever seen.

Have a laugh at my expense:
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/11/06/bizarre_lawsuits_connect_apple_with_sarah_jessica_parker_lil_wayne.html

ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
jairez
Expert

JTFC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 12:01:55 PM »

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Spontaneity has it's time and place.  [Sluggo, 1990-ish]
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 12:05:07 PM »

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

oh MAN do I remember that one ... but yikes ... was it really that long ago? And now that I say that, could it actually have been, like, '85? Yes ... in fact it'd have to have been, because we made a move at the end of '90, yes?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
jairez
Expert

JTFC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »

'86 = Irvine/Costa Mesa (at least for me)
90-ish = MV
92 = The Sun

Aaahhh ... the twisty, twisty Sauza-stained road we've traveled   Grin

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 12:49:39 PM »

LOL ... So wasn't that quote on or about Costa Mesa? Or was in MV? If you can actually remember, you're a far better, and less aged, man than me.

jairez
Expert

JTFC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 01:18:02 PM »

I believe that was the "cozy" Costa Mesa, after racing back to your place on said "stained" roadway after Dark Castle 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript