The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 10:31:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Woudl be nice if the App store...  (Read 1159 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2009, 02:50:32 PM »

Told you what apps you already own. So its not a surprise every time you download something you thought you already owned, and then hey guess what! you don't thanks for the $5. fuckers.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 02:53:08 PM »

WTF?

Everytime I download something I already have, it says "You already own this... would you like to DL it again for free?" and I either do or don't.

The only time it hasn't has been when I DL apps on my notebook, even though it's the same account.

Additionally, on my version of iTunes I have a category on the left, "Applications" which, when I open it up, there's everything I have... do you not have that?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »

In itunes yes, I have all the apps that are on the machine. However, not all the apps I have purchased are on my machine because of reinstalls.

The message you get though, is AFTER the fact that you already clicked the buy button. And its to only confirm that you want to download it again since you already had previously. There is nothing to warn you that you are about to download and install something you never have before. In otherwords. There is nothing to tell you if you already own and app or not, until you have clicked the buy button "hoping" that you already own it and get that nice little message. Otherwise, you get charged.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript