The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 12:11:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When it comes to lobbying, Apple ain't investing  (Read 1427 times)
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2010, 05:39:42 AM »

http://9to5mac.com/apple_lobbying

No wonder they are getting slammed with an anti-trust suit  ROFLMAO
Google spends much more then apple, plus cooperates with gov't when it comes to your info  ROFLMAO
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »

Nice find.  What's up with Yahoo??  That's whacked. 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:14:49 PM »

You never hear nasty stuff about yahoo in the news or it getting investigated do you ?  ROFLMAO

Jerry Yang declared, "To be doing business in China, or anywhere else in the world, we have to comply with local laws." This was controversial, as critics claimed Yahoo! violated international law as well as a 1989 decision by the U.S. Congress to prohibit U.S. companies from selling "crime control and detection" equipment or software to the Chinese Government.

In response, Democratic Congressman Tom Lantos, chairman of the United States House Committee on Foreign Affairs, stated, "It took a tongue-lashing from Congress before these high-tech titans did the right thing and coughed up some concrete assistance for the family of a journalist whom Yahoo had helped send to jail. What a disgrace."

Mr Yang loves america compared to china. In china lobbying is called "corruption" and if u are caught usually involves a firing squad. While in america you get to publish how much u give to politicians and get a tax deduction to boot Smiley
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:44:33 PM by nop_90 » Logged
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 02:32:35 PM »

Only if you call it a bribe in America is it illegal.  It's like that anti-drug campaign during the Regan years from good old Nancy - Just say no.  Now when you apply the correct emphasis it's obvious where the flaw in the logic resides:

Just say no.  ROFLMAO

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript