The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:26:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The original hackintosh  (Read 1703 times)
Phaėton
Lifer

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2011, 06:55:33 AM »

I wanted this so bad back in the day... i already blew my 1200$ on the atari st though:

Atari 1040 ST Magic Sac+

Magic Sac+ was released in 1986 - This is a rare find !

Made by Data Pacific, Inc.

MagicSAC was designed by a guy named David Small... you plug original Mac ROM's into the module and it plugs into the cartridge port on any Atari ST system and runs Mac software perfectly.... it was a great emulation system. Interesting story.... David was pulling ROM's out of the dumpsters at Apple and reselling them, Apple got wind of this and sued David and stopped throwing the ROM's away and started to sell them to resellers. The suit was dropped and MagicSac continued on into the early 90s

A Product  for Atari ST/STE/TT computers to run the Macintosh OS and Mac programs, and it was actually faster than the Macintiosh counterpart. The original for the classic Mac compatibility was the Magic Sac; a cartridge (with MAC OS ROMS in it) and software.

Found this little cartridge in a bunch of Atari 1040 ST stuff.

A very nice piece of Vintage Atari History.

Rare and hard to find - Makes your Atari work like a MAC.

Hackintoshes are what they were called and have a long history over 20 years ago.

p.s. fuck all yall mother fuckers, its friday!

* magicsac.JPG (28.35 KB, 496x537 - viewed 217 times.)

When I was your age we used to walk to the TV to change the channel....  _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 07:22:48 AM »

Do ya think he was giggling, naming his package a magic sac?  Wink

Nice one Phae.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript