The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 01:49:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safari 4  (Read 1544 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:00:24 AM »

Safari 4 for Windows is getting good reviews.  I'm trying it out now and will report anything +/- I find.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,65008/description.html?tk=rss_downloads_weekly_null

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:38:52 AM »

Hadn't tried it in a virtual yet, look forward to your thoughts. Penetration is so very low that I don't need to test for it (yet) ... but I'll be interested to know.

I also hear that it's doing OK in the reviews.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »

Just playing with it today for the first time.  Initial thoughts, honestly, it feels really good and works perfectly for Force.com (Visualforce generated HTML front end).  The 3d previously viewed pages look extra sharp and the browser just feels like it's _nothing_ but a slick portal to the web. 

Had to gear+click config my home page and other buttons, but otherwise it's a really nice looking, fast browser.  FF has been giving me problems lately so I might try a default switch for a bit.  Tried it with Chrome and had to switch back soon after due to a few bugs. 

Now THIS is a way to get people into a more Mac like experience.  Bring it to their OS, or whatever reasonable portions that play well within it.

I'm thinking about an iTunes upgrade since I totally hate 7 for Windows.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 03:52:19 PM »

iTunes 9 has some nifty things in it, it's worthy of the upgrade time if you're OK with itunes.

I think that Apple caught some sh!t for forcing a Safari browser DL with iTunes 9 ... I think the client area in the middle of iTunes is now driven by Safari.

I find (and you might) that the Genius Mixes are pretty damn cool. Actually bumped me from a solid amount of my Pandora listenage.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript