The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 14, 2019, 06:24:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice fanboi op-ed re. the future of the media tablet  (Read 1205 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2009, 10:32:13 AM »

If you're interested at all, this nice little piece speculates and triangulates on changes that have occurred in OS-X and the GUI that support where the author thinks things are going vis-a-vis the media tablet. It's an interesting read for independents, bombastic propaganda for haters and pure iPr0n for fanbois. Check it:

http://cultofmac.com/why-apples-tablet-will-rock/14003

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 10:40:51 AM »

im fairly interested. It has the potential to beat MS to the "surface" game, because it won't be a piece of furniture. Price will be key though, followed by "touch friendly" apps.

If its ends up being just a bigger ipod touch, im not so sure about its viability. Yes of course it will probably be able to run OSx apps, but seriously, photoshop? I dont think so.

So in otherwords, this will be an entertainment device first and foremost with the ability to step into a work device in a pinch. That means it will needs some really cool or useful features/apps that justify it longer term. multiplayer games? multiscreen, like use with your TV, so the game is on the TV for everyone to see, but the interaction takes place on the tablet, like a strategy game for example?

i really don't know.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 10:46:24 AM »

The discussions seem to focus on a "lifestyle device" rather than a piece for work, which is potentially a bummer if true. It will be cool to carry larger media and such, but I agree - if it's just a bigger iPod Touch it will be a huge FAIL. It needs a new killer app and attitude.

We shall see. I hope.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript