The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 02:45:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone Wish List Site  (Read 3219 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »

This is a great idea, although I have no idea if it will have any impact:

http://pleasefixtheiphone.com/

I just posted a new wish, you can see it if you request the sort by "most recent" - it is for a keyboard connection or any type. Please go vote for it and add your own!

Convenience link: http://pleasefixtheiphone.com/problems/index/page:1/sort:created/direction:desc

/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:45:23 AM »

My vote is for flash.

And Java.

An external keyboard would be cool as well. I would also like a *native* OpenSSH implementation like when I had it jailbroken, complete with context highlighting in vim/vi.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 07:23:21 AM »

I'm with you on a really strong ssh+vi, but the keyboard connection is what would make that sing. I have one of those metal coil holders for the iPhone, so it can be steady at eye level in front of me ... with a keyboard it would be a complete remote editor.

Wearing magnifiers, I could also set the font size to ridiculously small so I could get a full 80/128 columns also hehe...

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:08:11 AM »

Wearing magnifiers...

Would the cool factor be worth never getting laid again? I am pretty sure even Pinkhat would not be able to withstand the geekiness of you sitting around in front of a coil contraption with giant specs on in public.

hai
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 09:36:01 AM »

i think hanging it off a hat would be better....

or you could get an HMD, like one of those shitty $99 ones.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 10:50:03 AM »

Wearing magnifiers...

Would the cool factor be worth never getting laid again? I am pretty sure even Pinkhat would not be able to withstand the geekiness of you sitting around in front of a coil contraption with giant specs on in public.
ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO Oh dammit... you know her now, and you already know us too well  ROFLMAO

She'd allow it, but she'd be sitting on the other side of the room with a serious, "I have no frigging idea who that imbecile is" look on her face.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 10:50:58 AM »

i think hanging it off a hat would be better....

or you could get an HMD, like one of those shitty $99 ones.

Oh yeah, hanging the phone off the front of a hat would definitely decrease the geek factor  Roll Eyes

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO Good lord we're pathetic.

dink
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 04:11:14 PM »

Sheeeesh   Shocked

[quote Nutballs]
the universe has a giant fist, and its got enough whoop ass for everyone.
[/quote]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript