The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 11:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iPad, iPhone, iPod home button responsiveness  (Read 3079 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »

I just got through some weirdness with my iPad where the home button was not responding normally. Sometimes double taps just wouldn't work, or even single hits were non-responsive. I tried to see if there was a "button click speed" setting or something that had gotten mis-set to no avail.

The answer was at L1mera1n. Recalibrate the home button.

All that you need to do is open up a stock Apple app like Maps or Contacts or Weather. Hold the shutdown button until the red shutdown slider shows up (do not touch that). Then hold down the home button until the red slider goes away. When it does, the home button is recalibrated. Works like a charm and my devices are responding normally again. Why they go south I do not know.

Enjoy!

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:35:23 PM »

Interesting.  I've had occasional home button weirdness so I'll give it a try!
PeterWitrigs
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 01:13:00 AM »

How much additional are you willing to pay to get the best iPad key pad situation possible? If your response lead out at $10, then we've got the laptop key pad situation for you, ...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:59:15 AM by perkiset » Logged
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 01:18:28 AM »

I was going to make a post with crickets chirping... but leave it to the 'bots to enliven things around here.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 06:59:45 AM »

Indeed. It's been really dead, and I've not done much to remedy that.

Nice to see you about though DV Smiley

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Karanwatson
n00b

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »

I too have a problem . I am finding that lately, quite often pushing my iPod Touch's home button doesn't generate any response - I have to push it again really hard.What to do any comments or suggestions really appreciated.

No Links In Sigs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript