The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 07:30:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ipad as extra monitor  (Read 1742 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:48:59 PM »

mac only it seems but WANT
http://4sp.in/36N

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »

Clever ... I'm going to try that with my notebook. Instant 2-screen rig that is WAY easier than what I just took with me to Utah  ROFLMAO

Nice find Nuts

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »

Very nice.  Of course this is desirable too    but I hear you can get hooked on it Wink

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 06:17:37 PM »

This would work well with that adapter (and a lot more, frankly)

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/twelvesouth-previews-bookarc-for-ipad/

I'm not sure yet (obviously, because I haven't tried it) that Portrait will make me all warm and gooshy inside when working (the Apple dock offering). Have to see.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 06:51:57 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous.  With enough horsepower I think a form factor like this could put a serious dent in the laptop/netbook market.  But I would be scared of damaging it so easily.  At least an iPhone has the protection of your pocket 

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 10:44:02 PM »

It's *really* disappointing that the leather cases will not be shipped till something like the 23rd, I think there'll be a lot of scratched and abused iPads by then. I'll be keeping mine high and dry until then Smiley

Yep, I agree - the form factor (it's a pseudo-netbook, it's a takeaway tab...) is pretty great. There's one thing I'm not sure of: no mouse. I think there's a distinct difference between the close-in intimate touch interface and the keyboard, monitor's-over-there interface ... the tours show people typing then touching the screen. I'm not sure of that bit yet.

I'll be giving it quite the workout to find the sweet spot Wink

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 07:36:41 AM »

If the iPad will run Synergy, then it's OS-agnostic. I don't think Synergy has been ported into the app store yet though.

I've been using it to control 5+ laptops on my desk with the same keyboard and mouse for years now.

hai
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript