The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:38:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iPad 4th Generation  (Read 1805 times)
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »

How could Apple EOL the third generation iPad just a few months after shipping the first one? 

Now I wonder if I shouldn't upgrade from my "new iPad" to the "even newer iPad" announced today.  Looks like the cost (difference between price I'd pay and what I'd get for selling the old one) is about $300, so it ain't completely painless.  Is it worth spending $300 for a faster CPU, faster WiFi, and the lightning connector (so I could dump all my old 30 pin cables.  Almost, lol... still need 'em for my iPod Nano.)

I'm debating...
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:06:40 PM »

I'm going to wait for spring / early summer. Although faster CPU is compelling, it's not enough for me to go. A mini is cool though for PinkHat, who sometimes needs a smaller 'pad for her purse. I also think that the majority of specialty cables I have will be updated to Lightening by then. FFS I just got my 30 pin iPad Serial Cable.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:58:52 PM »

I'd wait. Google's Nexus 10 has better basic specs for $400 and bestbuy's insignia flex just knocked the bottom out of the 10" tablet prices at $250 (only 8gb, though).  Apple's going to have to up their wow-factor to keep market dominance.

I was going to buy an insignia for another guestpad but now may go with the nexus.

Specs comparison
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/10/nexus-10-vs-apple-ipad-vs-microsoft-surface-rt/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript