The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 10:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iDisk and MobileMe  (Read 2701 times)
dirk
Global Moderator
Expert

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2009, 07:32:36 PM »

Tested the new iDisk app on my brand new iPhone... Had to wait 4 weeks here in Germany, and then suddenly I got it.

iDisk works fine with MobileMe for files which have been uploaded to MobileMe before.

I tried to upload a photo directly from the iPhone to MobileMe. I know that I can send a photo to MobileMe into the Gallery.

But I would like to upload the photo, or another file, to the iDisk. Couldn't figure out how to do it.

Any hints or maybe other apps for uploads?
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:42:57 PM »

There isn't a way in the iDisk app, proper.

Go to your camera / camera roll, select the picture you want to upload and then click the "share" button ... click on Send To MobileMe and off you go.

It's a pretty sweet app ... I put several client images I've needed to keep with me on my iDisk and then was able to show them off today - it was great and the resolution was damn fine.

I've a sneaking suspicion that this is the beginnings of their research towards making the me.com cloud much more ubiquitous for when the media tablet comes around...

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
dirk
Global Moderator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:17:48 PM »

Go to your camera / camera roll, select the picture you want to upload and then click the "share" button ... click on Send To MobileMe and off you go.

Did it but the picture was sent to the public gallery. I would prefer to send files to non-public folders if I only
want to store them.

Have downloaded Air Sharing Pro which can upload files to the MobileMe iDisk, but Air Sharing can't access the camera roll.

Is there an app to copy files from the camera roll to another folder?
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 08:24:30 PM »

Work around: can't you move files with AirShare? Copy to your public file then move... that's all I can think of ATM.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
dirk
Global Moderator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 08:52:27 PM »

With Air Sharing I can't navigate to other folders.

When it's running I see two folders: Public and Samples.
I can create new ones but I can't move to other folders.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript