The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2019, 11:45:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I stand corrected...  (Read 2426 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2010, 11:52:57 PM »

Steve Jobs Gives Chilean Miners Apple iPods: http://www.pcworld.com/article/207949/steve_jobs_gives_chilean_miners_apple_ipods.html?tk=nl_dnx_h_crawl

Wait I thought they were iPads not iPods.  Doesn't matter though, as long as Apple cashes in on the ordeal (runs and hides...)

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 12:31:13 AM »

Total asshole. If he had shred of human decency he would have given them all one BEFORE they got trapped, plus perhaps a $50 gift card (you know, to start their music collection) so they'd have something to entertain them while trapped.

Phuquer.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 05:03:49 PM »

Total asshole. If he had shred of human decency he would have given them all one BEFORE they got trapped, plus perhaps a $50 gift card (you know, to start their music collection) so they'd have something to entertain them while trapped.

Phuquer.

Patience, grasshopper.  Apple is working on the forthcoming iCarnac Event Forecasting Device which will allow them to predict mine collapses and the like, and proactively distribute iPods in advance of catastophic events.  Until then, Steve is doing the best he can, please cut him some slack.   ROFLMAO
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 12:02:53 AM »

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO  He should've appeased the shareholders instead and gave them all 30-day iTrouper-trials of the iTunes Platinum Player  ROFLMAO

It's all a media attention grab anyway no?

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »

A friend of mine and his wife were over the other day. He was asserting that the President of Chile's appearance with the miners was all PR. The wife was like, are you out of your fucking mind? Everyone watching wants to bethere to hug those miners and just a little sense of the freaking miracle that just occurred, and to see what kind of men have the guts to endure that.

I'd really like to imagine that this was Steve's way of wanting to be there as well. To pass a little thought on to each of those incredibly brave men. I mean, for a guy as savvy about buzz and message as he seems to be, would he not know how crass and trite it would be, if it were any other way?

I really hope so.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 03:33:07 PM »

I'd like to see a bunch of quality protective eye ware show up from some company without being constantly reminded that Oakley was the source of such altruism.  That said, a gift with brand promotion in the mix is far better than no gift at all 

nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 07:42:05 PM »

He was asserting that the President of Chile's appearance with the miners was all PR.
Everything is PR Smiley
PR is not always bad Smiley
It was PR that abolished slavery for the most part.

I want to get this book.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Myth

The simpsons touches on this idea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_the_Iconoclast

Every society has "myths". USA is extremely prone to myths. From stories of George Washington.
To wild west "heros". Myth is important to keep the masses happy and motivate them Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript