The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does a user of iphone/ipad know it is jailbroken ?  (Read 1812 times)
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »

If I would jailbreak someones iphone/ipad how would they know that it has been jail broken ?
Does everything like the regular app store work the same ?
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:06:42 PM »

It isn't really that obvious, as I remember... the giveaway is probably the Cydia app (which is like the App Store but for unapproved apps that require a jailbroken phone to operate.)  But the regular Apple app store still works as usual.

Perks can chime in with more info, I think; I haven't jailbroken my iPhone 4 but did JB my 3GS.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:29:46 PM »

Zactly - either the Cydia or old school was the RockMyPhone icon. Either of these denoted a jailbroken phone.

I suspect that you could eliminate those apps though and hide that little fact ... dunno.

Haves we some mischief in mind? Hardeeharharhar....

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript