The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 05:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FTP client for Mac?  (Read 1666 times)
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:04:33 AM »

CuteFTP MacPro good enough for small biz use?
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:19:21 AM »

Totally do the job, but I've been using Transmit for a long time because it integrates nicely with some other apps I use and it's less expensive.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
jammaster82
Lifer

Thats craigs list for ya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:59:32 AM »

Ive used bulletproof ftp for mac before ... it has 'auto restart' and all
that jazz that makes it real easy to just drag a whole folder up or down
and it drills down and does a batch download of the whole directory... even if stopped in the middle it will surely get it all.

The watched pot, never boils... But if you walk away from it , the soup burns.  What gives?
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 10:13:05 AM »

i use the PC version of filezilla. serves my purposes. They got Mac also. Kinda like getting crabs.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »

Depends on what the small company does Wink If they do coding, webpages etc. Then I would recommend Coda instead of Transmit. Coda is basically Transmit with Mac style IDE on top of it.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 10:34:05 PM »

Ah ... I use BBEdit for editing and such, Transmit purely for FTP. Coda doesn't look that well tended to lately ...

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »

Ah ... I use BBEdit for editing and such, Transmit purely for FTP. Coda doesn't look that well tended to lately ...
There's many, many annoyances with Coda but until I got my web toolkit done, I'll stick with it. I did TextMate & Transmit combo for very long time but frankly, TextMate's project thingy is just really fucking horrible.

And I have also come to the conclusion that all current IDE solutions are from 60s and are basically stubborn dinosaurs grasping their last breaths. With current IDEs, it's all about maximizing debug features in the expense of creativity. It has probably something to do with how all Microsoft's coding related tools are all developed to make it easier to keep Windows somehow together.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript