The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 15, 2019, 06:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For those considering an early jump to Snow Leopard...  (Read 3461 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:07:49 PM »

Here's a wikidot page where users are posting their experience with apps.
As usual, there'll be some update headaches, so you might want to take a look and see if that app you rely on all day is working before you leap...

http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 01:03:54 AM »

Well I can report that Snow Leopard fucks up printer drivers for Samsung ML-2010 and it doesn't seem to be able to fix it by itself even with new on-demand driver service. I had to change printer driver for ML-2010 to "generic laser printer driver" to get it to print something... and now it seems to fuck up the formatting of the page... not cool.

Also it seems I can't do the old cmd+left/right arrow to go beginning or end of the line and it's driving me crazy when I'm coding. It might be Logitech driver's fault even I only use Logitech's mouse and Apple's keyboard Cheesy

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 12:21:44 AM »

I've had Snow Leopard for a couple days on the notebook, haven't done it yet on the Pro (probably tomorrow).

I caught myself today, wondering if there was something wrong with the net (ie., some routing issues that were giving me priority or others were all off of it) ... all web pages just seemed really fast and it was like I was on a different computer. Then I remembered. Not kidding, the speed difference is pretty noticeable. Stable, everything is working fine. I am satisfied enough to go after the big machine.

I also think that the rumor sites are right, and this is the front edge of a touch interface.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript