The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 12:08:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For the Mac devoted...  (Read 3604 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2007, 12:51:25 PM »

... the intro video from the Keynote speech - the Mac commercial you won't see on CNN...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf5qZrFfQFg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etuaw%2Ecom%2F

/p

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 02:06:43 PM »

weeee phanbois unite!

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 02:11:18 PM »

Sarcasm Fucking RedmondFans.  ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
thedarkness
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 01:21:11 AM »

Leopard looks cool.

May have to get a Mac one day. Wtf, I've had every other operating system at one time or another. Played with os-x at my kid's school (they run macs exclusively) but that's about it.

Cheers,
td

"I want to be the guy my dog thinks I am."
 - Unknown
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 09:53:11 AM »

It's built on BSD... as soon as I fired up a terminal window I was right at home. The only difficulty I've had compiling 'nix software for it was at first with PHP, because there's an instance already in OS-X and some of the directories were funky... took a little bit to unwind that a bit and get it to behave.

But here's the deal: Stability and capability if a 'nix system, world class GUI, drivers and interfaces are no problem, and the best networking tools I've ever used. Zactly what Windows was supposed to be, but better by a mile. What's not to love? On top of that, I run Parallels and so I have an instance of XP that I use when I need to (apps that only run on 'doz) - and the newest version allows me to place icons on my dock of Windows apps so that it runs <that application> right on my normal Mac desktop just like another Mac app - but it's protected and walled in so that all the virulent windows crap can't get me.

/p

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript