The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 17, 2019, 05:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Evidence Uncovered of Possible Next Gen iPhone  (Read 1742 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2009, 10:04:44 AM »

Can you hear me now... http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/183340/evidence_uncovered_of_possible_next_gen_iphone.html

iPhone 3.1 LOL.  Let's see, what 3.1 version remains permanently burned in my brain as something I wake up in a cold sweat screaming about and happily realize I'm no longer trapped inside?  Windows 3.1 rings a bell. 

I know perks, I'll dig deep for anything negative I can say about Apple Wink  It's not negative but rather it's a version number that caused feelings of instability upon reading the article.  I'd avoid this problem altogether if I was Apple and move to a safer version number such as 3.11  ROFLMAO

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 10:12:38 AM »

LOL I get it ... the numbering scheme for Apple you're referencing is a private number - the 3,1 version that was "spotted" was from a usage monitor and almost certainly not what they would publicize. The importance of it is that my 3GS is referenced as 2,1 (and then some other digits for updates) and so the rumor mill starts to go crazy because 1,1 was the original, the 3G was 1,2 and the 3Gs was 2,1 (because of the new internal architecture and processor) - so everyone's thinking something really big is on the horizon.

Could be a phone that's connecting to TMobile - that's the new and latest rumor - that the CDMA net on Verizon is just too much of a leap for the technology but TMobile's is a relative snap. This could be shored up with recent indicators that Verizon is *really* pumping the 'droid adverts and AT&T is scaling back on iPhone buys. I'd say the days of exclusivity are, f'reals, going to come to an end. And given TMob's customer satisfaction, that'd definitely put a bright shiny star on the iPhone's forehead.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:36:15 AM »

I'd say the days of exclusivity are, f'reals, going to come to an end. And given TMob's customer satisfaction

May they never return!  But if they do, may we never ever condone them again Grin

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »

yea my assumption is that its basically the 3gs, but with multimode antenna for multi carrier support.
or....
its the tablet.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 11:09:43 AM »

its the tablet.

That would be an interesting obfuscation technique ... but the rumor sites have been rather quiet on that. If they are classifying the tablet as an iPhone then we may be in for a disappointment. I'm really hoping it's more powerful than that.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »

yea. the only reason I would think it is still open is because the tablet possibly would have 3g built into it. Its not a phone, but like laptops that come with verizon data built in. Same idea.

i doubt it though. I think its the new multimode support, and probably some extra thing to justify it.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript