The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 05:14:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crack 'em if you've got 'em: Iphone / Ipad passwords in 6 minutes  (Read 1620 times)
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:16:34 PM »

Passwords are not secure on iPhones that are lost. This is the result of tests carried out at Fraunhofer Institute SIT in Darmstadt. Within six minutes the institute’s staff was able to render the iPhone’s encryption void and decipher many passwords stored on it. If the iPhone is used for business purposes then the company’s network security may be at risk as well. The flawed security design affects all iPhone and iPad devices containing the latest firmware. Written documentation and a video about the attack are available below.

http://www.sit.fraunhofer.de/en/forschungsbereiche/projekte/Lost_iPhone.jsp
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »

More than enough time to retrieve it from the bad guys!  Wink

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:44:23 PM »

What makes it more dangerous is that Apple user's think they are magically bullet proof.
I piss my pants laughing when Apple users post on facebook they do not need to worry about malware etc.

Would you leave your wallet carelessly kicking around with $5K sitting inside it ?
To hack any device, all you need is physical access to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript