The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2019, 12:17:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Consumer perception of Apple *improves* after Steveo's resignation  (Read 1027 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »

Although I did not thing that Steveo's resignation would be big news (his exit has been backed into the stock price for about 2 years now, and his succession plan was always certainly ready to go) - I did *not* expect consumers to not only approve, but really like the fact that he's moving on.

This actually really pleases me, showing that the population seems to note that Apple is larger than a single man, and that it's time for some new blood to start spreading out the brand. I think we will continue to see superlative products and extraordinary new advancements - that notion is deeply embedded and completely institutionalized at Apple now - but I think there's room for the thought that perhaps Apple will become slightly less paranoid and a bit more receptive to what people want. Steve's philosophy has always been, "People don't know what they want until you show it to them" and to a certain extent he's right: I could not have envisioned the iPad to be what it is. But I'll accede the larger dreams for concession on smaller details once the big things are out. Things like adjustments to the capabilities in Xcode, perhaps a wider path for people to produce apps for the devices and such. I'd love to see Apple be more comfortable with people being able to define a bit more of their experience with the iDevices. Let me (or anyone else) write an app that can turn BlueTooth on and off with a single touch, for example. I do not see how this modifies the Apple vision of usability and customer experience in any way except better.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/09/01/consumer_perception_of_apple_improves_after_steve_jobs_resignation.html

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript