The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 02:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AT&T Caves re. pgrade subsidy: This one's for you Nuts.  (Read 1595 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2009, 12:44:06 PM »

http://cultofmac.com/att-caves-offers-early-upgrade-subsidy-to-iphone-3g-owners/11935

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 12:58:40 PM »

sort of.

I have a feeling Js line will be a problem. We are a family plan, and from the pseudo-details it sounds like you gotta spend more than 100 bucks per line. lol

we shall see. ordering in a while.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 06:14:17 AM »

Still complete and utter bullcrap.

Did they make tethering easier in this update? It'd better be easy as all get out or I'm switching to a blackberry, because three hunded dollars for a subsidized piece of hardware that I will never even actually get to own *with* the commitment of a 2-year contract is getting to be a little ridiculous.

But I'll probably still bend over and take it.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 08:00:55 AM »

Tethering is the first topic in this article, and it looks quite good:

http://cultofmac.com/review-iphone-30-os-is-a-must-have-upgrade/11921

I'm hoping that the 3G will have enough speed so that I can abandon my Sprint EVDO card for the notebook.

And BTW, re. commitments et al: when was the last time you purchased a phone from a provider? Sheesh, every time I've purchased one it's been with a long term commitment or the phone was like $400 more. And what do you mean, never actually get to own? You can do whatever you want with it, but if you want Apple's stuff, you'll need to stay close to them. Kind of like, if you want Windows support ( ROFLMAO ) you'd best not replace it with Linux on your box Wink
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:03:00 AM by perkiset » Logged

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »

Update: I don't have any of it on my phone, nor the options displayed in the previous article. Here's another discussion:

http://cultofmac.com/iphone-users-worldwide-are-hot-for-tethering/11948

I'm sure there'll be a lot more discussion about how to do it in the near future. As soon as I get my 3Gs Im going to start a thread here specifically on it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript