The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2019, 01:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple's subscription model's in the wild, about time.  (Read 2817 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:29:05 AM »

Apple finally released it, and some have taken advantage straight away.

I don't know yet if I'm into the Daily, but the free trial subscription for it is on till the 28th.

But what I did do instantly was get PopSci. My paper subscription has only 1 more issue - I've not read one since the iPad came out. But I've not purchased the online version more than twice either because the price galled me (4.99 per issue ... AYFKM?). Get it while it's hot: year subscription, $14.99 plus February is free with subscription. Finally we're talking reasonable rates boys and girls (The normal annual subscription is $19.99, the $5 off is an introduction rate). Now where's my Wired?

BTW: It's amazing how much more I enjoy the PopSci presentation when the baggage of "I paid $5 for this POS?" is gone  ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 01:34:28 AM »

I gave up on The Daily already.  I felt like I was reading the National Enquirer.  It felt trashy.

$15-20 a year is a fair price for a monthly magazine, it's about what we pay for the paper version.  But I still prefer paper, otherwise I have to put an iPad in every bathroom.   Grin
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 06:43:29 AM »

You go to the can without your 'pad? Huh?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »

Yes I am confused. You put your iPad down at some point during the day? That's weird.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 03:12:43 PM »

Actually I've been using it so much lately, that the charge hasn't been making it through the day.  And yes, it often travels to the john, though I'll deny it if asked.   Angel
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 03:54:23 PM »

ROFLMAO

It's the first thing I pick up in the morning and the last thing I set down at night.
Goes with me as much or more than my phone.
I connect to virtually everything I need to connect to through my day with it.
I'd be as stupid without it as I used to be without my calendars, address book, yellow pads, etc etc.

daviator
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »

I'd be as stupid without it as I used to be without my calendars, address book, yellow pads, etc etc.

Meh, I knew you before you had any of that stuff, and you were still pretty smart.    Ass Kisser
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 08:49:21 AM »

Just wanted to be like you Meng. Twas a pretty high bar.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript