The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 01:05:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple & Audiobook Firms Insist On DRM  (Read 2965 times)
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091213/2103287328.shtml

It would be so much easier if the truth didn't cause me to incite conflict with Apple loyalists.  It's not my mission to bash Apple or bash their fanbois.  I'm certain I'm viewed as an anti-Apple Grinch.  But give me a friggin break, DRM is crap and Apple supports it.

Apple.... Earth to Apple...... wake TF up!! DRM sucks!  Even your most loyal fans agree.  So, profit margins aside, can we all just hold hands and agree that regardless of intent, DRM sucks serious ass!   Huh?

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:07:51 PM »

Nah just the typical hypocrisy of companies.
After Apple had a huge comeback using ipod, which basically was a big hit because it enabled people to pirate MP3s.
Woops it did have a sticker on it "Don't Steal Music"  ROFLMAO

Apple is similar to myspace.
Origionally funded using from pirated applications (kazaa)
Then got its origional members from spamming.
Then all of a sudden turns anti-spam.
Well only natural, they want to prevent competion  ROFLMAO

Ofcourse a lot of apple's success is as a result of John Sculley.
And yep basically for apple took the same marketing approach Smiley.
Granted he made major techie errors, but he turned using a mac into a religion.

Like all religions they double talk, use deception to entice sheep Smiley

Of course when i start my religion i will do none of those things.
When i burn heretics like isthisthingon it is for thier own salvation.
And i do it because i love him and am tolerant Smiley
kurdt
Lifer

paha arkkitehti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 07:30:21 AM »

Apple.... Earth to Apple...... wake TF up!! DRM sucks!  Even your most loyal fans agree.  So, profit margins aside, can we all just hold hands and agree that regardless of intent, DRM sucks serious ass!   Huh?
I believe that Apple is doing this only in order to get as many media companies as possible under one roof. After the deals are done, it's time to start cracking down their own DRM systems. That's how I would do it. First their DRM gets magically cracked so that techies can lead the way and after they have proof that cracking DRM didn't cause any harm, they will suggest to record companies that they would remove it alltogether because it actually creates this and this decrease to the sales because of this and this. Record companies murmur but because they are already making great sales from iTunes and they don't want to invest to moving to another service, they agree. Some may leave but Apple is still many big companies riches than they were before.

You have to understand now that people in record companies are not like you and me. They don't understand these things and they will fall for that later on. I don't like 50 Cent but that guy really understands how the new world works when it comes to business. Even he said that record company executives have no clue whatsoever how things should be done. So DRM is the necessary evil Apple has to deal with.

I met god and he had nothing to say to me.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 08:32:51 AM »

I believe Kurdt is right. There's NO WAY that someone's going to walk in the front door of those companies with a non-DRM suggestion and get past the guard. They need to look like they're 100% for protection of the content before they start to crowbar.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 03:19:43 PM »

I agree for the most part with kurdt.
You have to understand now that people in record companies are not like you and me.
Exactly. Most people do not get pleasure from killing and eating babies etc.

Apple wants to push their own DRM.
Apple's DRM can not be cracked, because for iphones for example, you can only install apple store apps on it.
And then apple probably will push out some crap about how it is good for people, and everyone will agree Smiley
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »

And then apple probably will push out some crap about how it is good for people, and everyone will agree

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Ok I'm enjoying an anti-Apple moment Smiley  I'm not always anti-Apple but nop hit a bulls eye on this one.  Funny thing is, even though he already stated what will happen and it's totally obvious that this may happen, people will parrot the "truths" that Apple wants them to regardless of shame and fear of fanboism 

Plus good double plus good.

nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 04:39:03 PM »

@isthisthingon
Under the law of DRM, i could encrypt something with the simplest of encryptions.
So simple a 5 year old could break it. If the encryption has been circumvented, then that person has broken the law.

I am not anti-apple, i am just anti-silliness Smiley.
Westerners seem to have the silly idea that there is a seperation between business, art of war, philosopy and spirtuality.
I have no idea where they get that idea. The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_India_Company successfully combined all of the above Smiley.

I also find people's idea of a "great messiah" coming to save them very comical. People back in like 1933. That hitler such a nice chap.
Look at all the good things he is doing for germany. All you had to do was read his 25 points presented back in 1920 to see what a nice fellow he was.
http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/25points.htm
I have no idea why people where shocked when he started invading other countries, shoving people into the oven, censoring newsmedia.
It is all nicely outlined in his 25 points Smiley

Apple is little different to any other good company. It is doing its job very well, which is to get large profits for its shareholders.
A good product helps, but a good propanganda arm is very important also  ROFLMAO

Also this "anti-apple" / "pro-apple" BS is the oldest trick in the book.
Origional xtainity did not have a "devil", so they had to invent one. Divide people in some offset way, that way you can avoid the real issues.

Shit worked for GWB. His opponents are "anti-american". GWB represents "american values". Very vague terms.
Divide people on grounds of religion/morality, instead of the real issues.
Good for the sheeple to understand.
Then again the republicans had "John Sculley" working for them. Sculley was successful creating the apple cult, so he did the same thing with republicans.

Now when i become the great messiah of the world, I will do none of these things.
The 666 I will stamp on your forehead, is just to show that you have your personal tracking chip implanted in your skull.
It is all so people will be happier and safer. My chip will have a neurologic interface which will protect you from demonic thoughts.
These demonic thoughts could be listening to subversive music.
Ofcourse i need to raise $$$ to determine which music is safe for people.
I have determined that only DRM music is good for people, it makes them happier  ROFLMAO
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 05:31:50 PM »

I am not anti-apple, i am just anti-silliness

Ditto, though Apple fans will never believe me  ROFLMAO

I have determined that only DRM music is good for people, it makes them happier

May the spirit of DRM live forever!!  In Jesus' name we incarcerate.  Amen. 

Angel

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript