The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 11:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: App store, multiple pads, 1 purchase?  (Read 1176 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 10:16:38 AM »

So, if you have multiple ipads, couldn't you set up the app store on them to use the same user name and passwords? Then you could buy the app 1 time, and download it onto each pad?

I don't get what prevents you from doing that? When you plug into your computer and sync, I get it, it authorizes the iPad. But when you buy apps over the air, there is nothing to prevent it I don't think? Even temporarily. Log in as someone else, download, then log back in a yourself...

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:22:20 AM »

My kids have been doing that for a log time now with iPhones. You can change the log in name on a phone or pad ... So temporarily log in as someone else, download, then reset to your original name. Won't allow update and all that, but works for quick pirating.

It's easier though to simply set up a home network and have all purchases move between your machhines. You're allowed up to 5 machines on a home net, so TomTom actually cost me only $20/each for everyone in the house.

PinkHat and I have reciprocal "Snag every new purchase" from each others itunes, so she buys a game, i get it. I buy some tunes, she gets them.

I was quite pleased when Apple put this together because I didn't like my kids thinking they were doing something wrong by grabbing each others apps.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:24:40 AM by perkiset » Logged

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript