The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 01:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2010 looking like 1984? Music to ITTO's ears, no doubt...  (Read 1846 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2010, 01:22:12 PM »

This is a pretty fascinating read and will appeal to many of you:

http://government.zdnet.com/?p=8356

... essentially looking at the difference between the young Steve Jobs, claiming that Big Blue (IBM in the day) was about restricting information and how Apple was the lone force stopping that. Then the article goes on to juxtapose current statements and attitudes from Apple to that, and how the hew iPad content initiatives may either be really cool or really scary.

All the FUD stated, I think that Apple coming out on day 1 with the entire Gutenberg project online is a good sign. If they include the Kama Sutra I'll be impressed. But it's when there are actually adult titles and politically explosive things for sale/review that I'll be pleased. NOTE: I don't think that Apple itself has to sell such items, but if they are available through other channels that's cool ie., it's totally fine to me that Apple doesn't want to sell pr0n, but if they hold other firms back from selling them to me I'll be much more concerned (not specifically about pr0n, that just makes an excellent and brash example).

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 04:44:03 PM »

Music to my ears?  Me thinks you eternally misunderstand what lies between them Wink

My thoughts on this were actually blah blah blah, who cares about superimposing Jobs over his previously untainted non-dark side self.  This is a bunch of fast food for a megalomaniac.  I really don't care about Jobs or his inner alignment.  He's becoming less and less relevant and this lame story is an attempt to bring interest where interest is fading, imho.

Is he a hypocrite for claiming to be a champion of freedom and now promotes the very restrictions to our freedoms that he - according to his own spin - once fought against?

Tongue  Duh, period.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 05:10:29 PM »

Is he a hypocrite for claiming to be a champion of freedom and now promotes the very restrictions to our freedoms that he - according to his own spin - once fought against?
Why do people get so upset when other people lie or use deceptive methods Huh?
This is all part of nature. You can see how various creatures in nature use deceptive techniques.

The simplest form of deception is one creature pretends to be another creature. For example a harmless fly might have the appearance of a wasp.
Or it can work the other way. A dog might pretend to be sleeping or injured to lure in prey and kill it.

Obviously in this case Apple is pretending to be concerned about freedom and all this other rubbish, while attempting to stiffle freedoms and gain a massive profit.
isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 08:25:01 PM »

I'm not upset at all, but the believers in such nonsense get annoying at times.

Is Google really doing no evil??  Oh my God!!  What if they actually ARE doing "evil??!!??!!"  That would make Google a liar!  And there's nothing worse than a liar who doesn't have to adapt to natural law, unlike a mammal.

The leaders of public companies are mere puppets in this game.  For those who have a true vision that exists outside of the public company shell-game, well it's just a matter of time.  For the rest of them you need rules to keep them acting as if they're honest.  That's where we disagree about government involvement in business & society.

Nothing but nothing matters more than profit.  All else is liar and/or a fool.  It's why I have such an unfriendly opinion of market fundamentalists.  If left alone the result is a forgone conclusion: greed, suffering and a disproportional allocation of resources favoring the most cunning of gold diggers.  Jobs is a slick, opportunistic megalomaniac that is also a damn respectable genius in my field.  Therefore I'll honor that which he contributes to our world but I can only chuckle at the news-sizzle bleacher opinions regarding the machinations of his god-like mind  Roll Eyes

He was a kid who had stars in his eyes.  Now he's an old man trying to take care of his shareholders.  The rest is an iMaxi-Pad, imho.

nop_90
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 02:04:43 AM »

The simplest example of so called "deception" or  "lying" is with procreation.
Now it is quite simple, the female wants a rich good mate to look after her potential offspring.
To attract this mate she uses various deceptive techniques to attract this mate.
For example she pretends to be interested when the male is yapping about some crap.
Or she will wear various clothes, use cosmetics etc.

For the male it is pretty simple, he just wants some place to stick his dick.
He will tell some crap to the female that he loves her etc etc
He also will buy her useless gifts, which shows that he is a rich man.
The female enjoys useless gifts because it shows that the male has lots of money, and will be able to support her offspring.

So u see both sides are lying.
And both sides get fuked and everyone is happy.

isthisthingon
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »

It's all fun and games until someone gets married Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript