The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 14, 2019, 06:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.0 you can download it now.  (Read 5098 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2008, 08:08:14 AM »

http://gizmodo.com/5023760/download-iphone-20-firmware-right-now

ok its a back-door method. but its the final install it seems. Just that Itunes is not allowing you to download it until some specific GMT time or something.

im deciding... should i or shouldnt i? its only 1 day?

hmmmm....

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:22:01 AM »

alright, i did it. i am now a mactard 2.0

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:24:12 AM »

LOL I'm answering from my 2.0 phone in New Zealand. I wanted to be the first. Have a nice day.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:02:35 AM »

lol.

so I can tell you a few things right off the bat.

the app store is full of an enourmous amount of trash.
there are alot of iShit apps.
there are about 10 versions of each thingy, made by different folks, ranging from free to $$$ like todo list, tip calc (are people really that retarded?), and FLASHLIGHT.... no not adobe flash. it turns your screen white... and 2 jackasses are charging 99 cents for it... Im guessing the person offering it for free will get the most downloads... lol

Realizations.
iPhone developers are retarded.
209 entries in entertainment, of which most are games?!?! so why are they not in the GAMES category...
most apps are in a category that makes me wonder if they just threw a dart to choose.

Lulz.
iShit is relegated to the end of the lists... hahahahaha
also some other stuff is, which makes my head hurt. the sort method = "retarded 3rd grader sort"
oh maybe you can pick primary category to list your app in, and pay for additionals? the additionals are pushed to the bottom? weird.

Perk, remember our early conversations about ideas for it. someone did a price checker, by UPC. not using the camera though, probably for the same reason we figured it wouldnt work.

evernote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a tissue now cause I just ruined my pants.

still no sync with google contacts or calendar. wtf?

vsloathe
vim ftw!
Global Moderator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:41:36 AM »

Too bad you didn't just jailbreak your phone. The apps are arranged much more nicely in installer.app Smiley

There's no downloading them to your computer or anything like that either.

hai
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »

the app store is full of an enourmous amount of trash.
there are alot of iShit apps.
"iShit"  ROFLMAO

there are about 10 versions of each thingy, made by different folks, ranging from free to $$$ like todo list, tip calc (are people really that retarded?), and FLASHLIGHT.... no not adobe flash. it turns your screen white... and 2 jackasses are charging 99 cents for it... Im guessing the person offering it for free will get the most downloads... lol
funny, I just use my EMail page as a flashlight, works like a charm. I wonder how long it will be before the disco light version is available?  Roll Eyes

iPhone developers are retarded.
Incorrect. Developers are retarded. iPhone is just the new HTML man. "Dude, I am SO the webmaster. I code in HTML and CSS."

209 entries in entertainment, of which most are games?!?! so why are they not in the GAMES category...
most apps are in a category that makes me wonder if they just threw a dart to choose.
I was at first curious why Apple let so much shit hit the ground running, then I wondered if they want to go ahead and have lots of hooie out there so that Apple sponsored apps will like like solid platinum...

Perk, remember our early conversations about ideas for it. someone did a price checker, by UPC. not using the camera though, probably for the same reason we figured it wouldnt work.
evernote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a tissue now cause I just ruined my pants.
Wish I had a nickel for everytime I've had an idea, drank a beer instead and then watched someone else pull it off.  Tongue

still no sync with google contacts or calendar. wtf?
As I understand it, there are today's apps which are kind of the tip of the iceberg and then over the next month or so a bunch are coming online. I'm surprised there's that many already, since I'd heard they were only going to come out with a handful till the weekend. Google says they are doing it, so its just a matter of time.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 12:00:12 PM »

considering its not REALLY launched yet, i will hold judgement until end of weekend. but still i am a bit surprised about google.

their crappy ass "google search app"... lol why the hell wouldnt I just go to google.com and search?!?!

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »

i stand corrected... at least partly.

google contacts sync! yeay!!!! in itunes 7.7 still no overtheair sync though. my universe will be complete when ATO sync is possible with google contacts and calendar (mail obviously already works). but at least now I can get everything in sync, via google calendar sync and itunes contact sync. wierd that itunes still doesnt do the calendar.

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »

in case anyone downloaded that 1 day early version, you might want to restore the actual release version. I was having battery life issues, but they are now gone with the new version. others have had problems as well.

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 11:50:41 AM »

Sorry, I hid from the world Friday and yesterday (extreme client issues and such) I updated Friday early, got bricked because the Apple servers were funky, then managed a restore a couple hours later and finally updated. I purchased a couple things, downloaded a couple and was OK impressed, although I do believe that this is going to be a huge money maker and interest grabber.

But then I downloaded and started playing with AOL Radio. That's the ticket. It's great, free and works like a charm. That little device just became a conduit for me to listen to other company's content on Apple's device. It's kind of like iTunes on Windows. Between this and the Exchange services Apple is moving into a new zone and I think that the "they're going to dominate" camp just got a helluva boost.

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »

pandora is another to check out.

I am not too impressed actually with most of the offerings. The shear number of Flashlight apps, which are NOT FREE, is utterly astounding.

I am actually considering making a flashlight app, and posting it for 99 bucks.
"why pay 99 cents for a simple flashlight app, when you too can own the most expensive iphone flashlight app on the planet!"

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »

funny you mentioned it... I DLd Pandora because of the description before I had created an account... just created my account and first station, and let me appear to be a 13 year old girl for a second.

"OMFG."

Incredible. I love it. Music on the phone just completely changed for me. Their affinity maths are pretty darn good - selecting about 10 artist feeds created a perfect station for a particular mood for me... just wonderful.

Have you noticed all the new apps in the last day alone? They're going to need a whole new way to store/search this stuff.

BTW I'd buy your flashlight app, because I'd want it written "right." Absolutely couldn't handle a screen-blanking application that was probably written.

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 01:34:06 PM »

lol. pandora online has always been good for "outside the box" music thinking, which i have a feeling is your music personality. I havent tried the AOL one though. I'm not much of a music person, usually get too distracted by it since its not background noisy enough like a coffee shop during rush hour, which is my preference.

actually don't get too fooled by the new apps. lol I did at first as well.
they are mostly people renaming their apps so they appear at the front of the list when sorted by name. currently there are a boatload with $ ' # and now a bunch of spaces I am guessing which get trimmed out by apple upon display, but not upon sorting. Notice the alpha order is a bit, um, retarded...

hmm $99 apps... I wonder... I might have to explore that idea a little. maybe actually make it something of value, even if its just feel good value like, put my daughter through college and get an "i put ashley in college screen saver".

nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »

awesome, I just found a story about the sorting issues.

http://gizmodo.com/5024705/pulling-a-wozniak-apple-app-store-developers-furious-over-crafty-line-jumping-application-names

perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »

iSpammers! I love it!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript