The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 23, 2019, 11:39:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BRILLIANT photo app, first to make iPhone hugely jealous  (Read 4403 times)
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »

Scalado has introduced a simply brilliant mobile app - it's currently only Android and I don't know that they have plans to go iPhone, but it's so good I'm sure someone else will pick up the notion and do it at some point soon.

The idea is simple: Take a picture with your phone, but hold down the button for a while. Scalado looks at everything that's moving in you picture (by taking a bunch of frames), then gives you the opportunity to remove the moving elements. Usage? Shoot your sweetie standing by a sculpture in the park when tourists are walking by. Moving objects (the tourists) get removed and replaced with the real background behind them. The demo is freakin' awesome and the result is perfect. Take a picture of a beautiful scene where there are cars driving by ... remove them. Really really smart, hat's off lads.

http://www.scalado.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7471561

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »

ive manually done this technique. And in photoshop there are now filters that can remove selectively remove the differences. But in a camera, built in, thats potentially very useful. There are issues in my experience though. My kid would never be a valid subject because she never stays still long enough to even get her in focus, let alone more than one picture in the same spot...

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 01:27:22 PM »

It's definitely a specific-job tool. If I read it correctly though, there's something about touching and holding the item that you DO want to keep, so that movement is not in the calculation. Dunno, haven't seen it f'reals, but it sounds like they're trying to take all of that into account.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
rcjordan
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »

Sounds like this (see the demo video):

http://www.photoupz.com/

Which looks a lot like automated clone touch-up

>moving

That's more like this:

http://www.snapmania.com/info/en/trm/index.html

Ideally, it'd incorporate both.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »

That's pretty much what it looks like it does automagically ... and on the phone itself. So rather than coming back and editing, you have the phone, the photos and a little time you can perfect the photo right there while you're taking it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript