The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 01:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting the pieces together  (Read 3594 times)
Northie
n00b

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2007, 03:10:30 AM »

The only thing I'm really lacking is javascript.

I've been looking at jquery[.com] which comes with some ajax-specific functions.

Has anyone here used jquery for ajax and had success?

many thanks

No links in signatures please
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 10:20:38 AM »

Have not used JQuery, but am strong in JS... what is it that you are trying to accomplish? Do you simply need to know how to throw the requests up to the server?

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
m0nkeymafia
Expert

Check it!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 03:21:55 PM »

personally I would suggest making your own ajax library, albeit it basic.
This way you will learn what happens as and when you make calls and subsequently you should be better at using other peoples code.

I would suggest mootools as its very lightweight and comes with a few nice extras if you need it.
If not, as I said, make your own and stick with it, I use my own even though it scrappy, simply because I know it, I know how it works and its perfect fo rme

I am Tyler Durden
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »

I was going to go the same direction MM, but I was going to suggest simply the ajaxRequestor here in the JS code repository. Pretty damn basic but stable and well vetted as well.

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript