The Cache: Technology Expert's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2019, 11:14:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: perk is fooking genius  (Read 3694 times)
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2008, 04:10:34 PM »

thank you yet again.  Praise

So i had a new problem with a widget (which has been alluded to in another thread).

apparently when you try to embed an ajax type of widget, and of course break the cross domain issues with XRPC, then you can do all kinds of wonderous things. unless of course you put it onto a .NET page... LOL

turns out, that .NET wraps the whole page in a form, which I knew but didnt realize the importance of it until speaking with perk. So... When you embed a widget, that is for argument sake a little contact form, using
<Script src="someremotesitecode"></script> you run into a problem. You end up with a Form inside a form... Since the whole .NET page is wrapped in a form, your form because invalid. The submit button then automatically bubbles up to the outermost form, which refreshes the page, and of course skips your actual form that you created. duh....

well the solution is a big giant freaking  D'oh!

remove your form from the widget.
don't use a Submit button.
instead use an onclick event to call a function that reads the input elements via document.getElementById('youridname').value

can i get a giant group Doi!

it may not have been rocket science, but it still was a genius suggestion because I wasn't seeing that solution.
thanks perk.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
perkiset
Olde World Hacker
Administrator
Lifer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »

Extremely generous NBs, since I was just kind of there while you worked through it Wink

Thanks muchly tho. I wonder - would you mind calling my children and letting them know that I have half a brain?
I promise to repay the favor in about 14 years.  ROFLMAO

It is now believed, that after having lived in one compound with 3 wives and never leaving the house for 5 years, Bin Laden called the U.S. Navy Seals himself.
nutballs
Administrator
Lifer

Back in my day we had 9 planets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 05:07:20 PM »

i was actually wondering how much you had to pay your daughter when she answered the phone when I called... LOL

Like the CSS question. Sounding boards are worth a lot when a sounding board can respond with ideas and intelligence. Otherwise, i might as well talk to my dog...

I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and shit a better argument than that.
stma
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 05:45:37 PM »

My dog is very helpful.... you should try it.  Certainly more help than the kids Smiley

No links in signatures please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Perkiset's Place Home   Best of The Cache   phpMyIDE: MySQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
Politics @ Perkiset's   Pinkhat's Perspective   
cache
mart
coder
programmers
ajax
php
javascript